Thursday, January 24, 2013

The New Baby's arrived.



I’VE ONLY JUST ARRIVED
It was cosy in there.
Warm, contained,dark, safe.
In my own private swimming pool.
I could bounce around and kick my legs.
I wasn’t prepared for what happened next.

It was cosy in there.
But suddenly I was propelled into a different world,
Cold, expansive, bright, unknown.
There were other beings in my world
That held me, that looked at me, that smelt different.
I wasn’t prepared for this.

It was cosy in there
But now my defence against change is to scream.
Loud, continual sound  coming from my mouth.
Is that me ? Do I have this power ?
I need to get used to this.

It was cosy in there
But I am learning that there is warm life to lean on.
I am learning that there is sweet succour to feed on
I am learning that there is the sweet smell of a mother.
And I am learning that to give up and let go into sleep
Is possible, and even rather comfy.

It was cosy in there
But with the transition over
I am learning to find it safe, warm, and even exciting
In the new life that’s just beginning.


Elspeth Jackman 23rd Jan  2013   for Elliana Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment